CQM are experts in work-based learning, matching people from a wide range of sectors to training that makes them more effective at work.
Why train your staff?
In today’s competitive world, the economy needs more people in the workplace with higher level skills. Research consistently shows that organisations that support learning and development for their staff have a more skilled, motivated and loyal workforce. With the imminent arrival of Brexit in some form or other, it has never been more important to nurture existing talent within your workforce.
Good for your business
Training can improve business performance, profit and staff morale. Advantages to your business include:
- You choose what new skills your workforce gains, targeting skills to meet the needs of your operation for now and in the future
- Training your staff can result in better customer service, better work safety practices and productivity improvements
- You demonstrate to your workforce that you value them enough to invest in them, improving loyalty and staff retention. In turn, retention is a saving to you
Good for your workers
Training has many benefits for your staff:
- They acquire new skills, increasing their contribution to the business and building their self-esteem
- The training they do can take them into other positions within the organisation – positions with better prospects and/or better pay
- They’re up-skilled to do new and different tasks, which keeps them motivated and fresh
- Because they’re being trained on your time, they see that you value them enough to invest in them. A good company is seen as one that retrains rather than churns
What type of training is available?
These are packages of work-based learning ideal for up-skilling existing staff or for introducing new workers. There is a wide range of courses available to cover most vocations and job roles. Apprenticeships are available from Intermediate Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE level) up to Higher Levels 5-7 (equivalent to Degree level). These courses are funded through the Apprenticeship Levy for organisations with a wage bill of £3m+ pa or through co-investment for smaller businesses (the government pays 90% of the cost for you).
An Apprenticeship is usually made up of one or more professional, accredited qualifications plus functional skills (maths, English and IT) and support to understand employment rights and responsibilities and learning skills. Apprenticeship programmes must take a minimum of 12 months to complete and could take several years if studied at Degree level.
Fully funded programmes of training with a work placement and guaranteed job interview at the end. Traineeships are only open to people under 25 - call for full details.
These standalone training courses are delivered face to face or via distance learning, resulting in a nationally recognised, professional qualification. Most are not currently funded but those at Level 3 and above may qualify for funding through a Advanced Learning Loan (like Student Loans for University courses).
CQM deliver a wide range of workshops that last from 1/2 day to 5 days. Our trainers are all vocationally experienced and experts in their fields. You can pick an off the shelf course or request a bespoke session based on an existing title. We have workshops in health and safety, health and social care, leadership and management, and sales coaching and training.
Distance learning can be extremely cost effective and allows people to study at their own pace. CQM offer a wide range of distance learning courses including leadership and management, health and safety, and 50+ specialist courses for health and social care.
e-Learning is convenient, allowing people to study whenever they like. Many of our e-Learning courses offer learner management systems to, so if you order licenses in bulk, you can manage the progress of each person.
CQM provide e-Learning courses for GDPR, Allergen awareness, health and safety, manufacturing, catering, customer service, licensing, spectator safety/stewarding and more...