A Traineeship is a government funded education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
How does it work?
- You confirm you would like one or more Trainees to work in your service
- The training provider will advertise the opportunity locally and present you with a short list of candidates to choose from - if you aren't happy with any of them, they'll find new candidates
- The training provider will work with you to develop a 7 or 12 week programme (depending on age of Trainee)
- The training provider will work with you and the Trainee to get them job ready whilst they gain valuable experience at your service
- At the end of the programme, you will give them a job interview
- Successful Trainees could then be put onto an Apprenticeship to continue their development within your service
How much does it cost?
The scheme is fully funded by the Government and is exempt of the minimum wage rule, meaning you will not be required to pay the Trainee whilst they are enrolled on the programme. The training provider will pay for the Trainee's travel costs.
CALL NATALIE on 0114 281 5781 to discuss further