Join our team
get to know us
We are looking for: A Business Development executive
How would we sum it up?
Training and development are important for the success of any organisation, but it can be difficult for employers to decide what training providers to choose and to stay on top of the programmes and funding available to them. This is where CQM Learning – and you! – come in. You will build relationships with employers (usually Business Owners, Finance Directors or Heads of Learning and Development) and use a consultative approach to understand what their L&D needs are and talk them through the best options and funding streams available.
What’s the business all about?
CQM Learning were the first company in the UK to offer a learner-find brokerage for training providers. Following changes in work-based learning funding and more recent global challenges, CQM Learning has adapted to these changes and sought new opportunities to build on our core strengths.
Our mission is to be a market leading work-based learning broker, a highly regarded specialist training and marketing provider, and to be a great place to work. Having worked with over 100 training providers across the country, we have now hand-picked the highest quality providers to work with. We have worked with a huge variety of organisations to help them meet their training needs, from local Councils to private and voluntary organisations. Most of our current customers are in the health & social care sector.
Job Description: What would you be doing?
You will be speaking to employers every day, to present our full portfolio of funded and commercial training and to understand their needs. Typical activities might include:
- Cold calling prospective customers (lots)
- Calling potential business leads to discuss their requirements and establish the training that might be suitable for them
- Putting business cases forward through proposals/presentations for Levy paying organisations
- Managing your own customers from initial consultation throughout the whole process
- Updating the CRM accurately
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Using your initiative to identify potential new business opportunities and exploring them
- Sticking to the company’s policies and procedures (we hold government contracts and so this is especially important)
- Working as a team to make our mission a reality, every day!
Person specification: What type of person are we looking for?
- Tenacious and resilient
- Have strong attention to detail even when working at a fast pace
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be creative and proactive, able to spot new opportunities, generate ideas and go for it!
- Possess good IT skills and be quick to learn new IT programmes and software, with experience of CRM systems
- Be able to handle lots of rapidly changing information and recall specific detail, like the funding streams available to different types of businesses in different regions
- Be able to explain technical detail in a straightforward, simple way
- Be efficient and organised
- Be enthusiastic, positive and have tonnes of energy
The following is extremely desirable, but don’t be put off if not!
- Knowledge of the Further Education sector (e.g. apprenticeships) is beneficial but not essential
What are all the practical details?
Starting salary: £22,000 pa, depending on skills and experience, plus pension and profit share bonus.
20 days holiday per year plus Bank holidays, increasing by 1 day per year to maximum of 25 days.
This role is office-based at 3 Westbrook Court, Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffield, S11 8YZ. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5pm.
You will be sharing an office with five to six colleagues. Each team member has a dedicated desk and IT equipment – no hot desking or sharing technology is permitted.
A full risk assessment has been carried out and is reviewed regularly to reflect any changes in government guidance around working environments.
Length of role: Permanent, with six months’ probationary period
Our recruitment process
- Once you have applied via Indeed, we will send you an application form and equality and diversity monitoring form
- We will review your application, scoring it against the core requirements for the job as detailed in this advert, and invite candidates with appropriate skills and experience to a first stage interview
- This will be conducted remotely via Zoom and scored against the job description and person specification
- We will invite the highest scoring candidates to a second stage interview at our offices
- If you are offered the role, we will require photo ID and proof that you have the right to work in UK
- We will also need references from your most recent employment
We are only looking to recruit one person currently.