Chef de Partie
Level 3 advanced APPRENTICESHIP
Funding: £9,000 via Apprenticeship Levy or £450 via 5% Co-investment Funding for small businesses
Awarding Organisation: Various
Size: Advanced Apprenticeship
Duration: Approx. 12 months
This Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship is aimed at people working in the hospitality sector.
A chef de partie is responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen. This type of chef usually manages a small team of workers, which they must keep organised so that dishes go out on time and the work area remains clean and orderly.
However, in smaller kitchens a chef de partie may work independently as the only person in their section. Also known as a station or section chef, the chef de partie reports to the senior chef and has a very important role in any kitchen.
Candidates will learn new knowledge, skills and behaviours in core areas of: business, people, customers and leadership.
- Review/refresh menus
- Use technology to achieve best results
- Advanced craft preparation and cooking skills and techniques
- Develop effective plans to maximise yield and minimise waste
- Work methodically, handling many tasks at once, directing others and ensuring tasks completed at the right moment and to the required standard
- Ensure ingredients are stored, prepared, cooked and presented to right quality standards
- Brief, coach and motivate others, maintaining harmony across team
- Use effective methods of communication and operate in a fair and empathic manner that achieves the desired result and demonstrates a flexible customer centric culture
- Actively develop own/team skills and knowledge, through training and experiences
- Use techniques that help improve competitiveness, business performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience
- Contribute to the costing of dishes, monitor the use of ingredients and other resources, yield, wastage and portion sizes to control costs
- Use sustainable working practices and encourage and support others to do the same
- Comply with legal requirements and inspire confidence by maintaining the safety and security at all times
- Risk assess situations, identifying and isolating matters of concern, by establishing the cause and intervening accordingly to minimise any risk to people and comply with legislation
- Multiple choice test
- 4-hour observation in working environment
- Culinary challenge project
- 90-minute professional discussion
- Grading (pass, distinction)
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.