Mental Health First Aid
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
Around 450 million people currently suffer from mental health problems, with recent reports suggesting that over 12 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety in just one year. It’s important that employers are transparent and open about mental health issues, and this qualification builds an understanding of mental health problems and the support available to colleagues. Increasing the understanding of mental health of staff at all levels builds a culture of care and support.
- What is meant by mental health and mental ill health
- Factors contributing to different types of mental ill health and actions to take when an individual is facing a mental health crisis
- The importance of positive relationships and person-centred approaches
- How to protect your own mental health when supporting others
- The impact of attitudes and perceptions of mental health for individuals and organisations
- Wellness action plans
- Exploring mental health
- Supporting individuals with mental ill health
- Understanding a mentally healthy environment
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.