Safe handling of medication
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
The Level 2 Certificate in Safe Handling of Medication qualification is designed for people who are looking to enter into or progress within the health and social care sector.
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe consequences, including death. Having good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication.
- Gain good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines
- Maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication
- Different types of medication and how they are classified
- Correct procedure for record keeping and the audit process
- Gain relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to improve service user experience
- Medication and prescriptions
- Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Record keeping and audit processes for medication
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.