working with individuals with learning disabilities
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
The Level 2 Certificate in Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities qualification is designed for people who are looking to enter into or progress within the health and social care sector, or with an interest in mental health.
Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability. Owing to the fact that they are likely to find it more difficult than others to describe their symptoms, a good knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system, as well as an understanding of signs and symptoms of various conditions, is essential for anyone working with individuals with learning disabilities.
- Learn to support individuals with learning disabilities
- Understand how to safeguard and protect
- Learn the value of positive risk taking
- Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care
- Positive Risk-taking for Individuals with Disabilities
- Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.