understanding specific learning difficulties
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties qualification is designed for people who are looking to enter into or progress within the health and social care sector, or with an interest in mental health.
Having a learning difficulty means that people find it harder to learn certain skills. It is important for those working in healthcare, social care and education to have knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported.
- The characteristics of ADHD, ADD, dyslexia and dyscalculia
- How specific learning difficulties can affect children and adults in different ways
- The importance of early diagnosis
- The various assessment methods available to diagnose specific learning difficulties
- How individuals can be supported to gain, start and continue with study and employment
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Context of Specific Learning Difficulties
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.