Prevention and Control of Infection
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
The Level 2 Certificate in Prevention and Control of Infection qualification is designed for people who are looking to enter into or progress within the health and social care sector, or with an interest in mental health.
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high-quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments.
- Purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- How regulations inform policy and practice
- Roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- The role of risk assessments
- Importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Sterilisation process
- Safely handle laundry and sharps
- Importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.