Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
Falls represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over, with 10,000 falls happening each day. Falls often have both a physical and mental impact, as they can result in lack of confidence, isolation, fractures and broken bones.
This course is ideal for anyone working in health and social care and those who have contact with older people who are more susceptible to falls.
- Understand falls within a health and social care context
- Know the factors that increase the likelihood of falls
- Understand how an individual’s risk of falls can be assessed, monitored and reviewed
- Understand how to reduce the impact and minimise harm in the event of a fall
- Falls in Context
- The Risk Factors and Causes of Falls
- Falls Assessment and Prevention
- Managing Falls
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.