Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
The Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Care qualification is designed for people who are looking to enter into or progress within the health and social care sector, or with an interest in mental health.
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high-quality care.
- Different forms of dementia
- How to support individuals through person-centred care
- Develop knowledge and understanding of care
- Positive communication methods
- Issues around the use of medication
- Dementia awareness
- Person-centred approach to care and support
- Factors influencing communication and interaction
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Administration of medication
- Behaviour in the context of dementia
- Benefits of engaging in activities in social care
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.