Behaviour that challenges
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years in non-devolved skills areas of England
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour the Challenges qualification is designed for people who are looking to enter into or progress within the health and social care sector. Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour. Lack of knowledge can be a major barrier, which means that the right training is essential for anyone dealing with challenging behaviour so they can respond effectively to the triggers, signs and symptoms.
- What is meant by the term behaviour that challenges
- Changes in individuals that may indicate an episode of challenging behaviour
- The importance of non-verbal communication
- How reflection on an incident can assist in managing future behaviour
- Understand behaviour that challenges
- How to support positive behaviour
- The importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- The role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.