Level 2 INTERMEDIATE APPRENTICESHIP
Funding: £5,000 via Apprenticeship Levy or £250 via 5% Co-investment Funding for small businesses
Awarding Organisation: Various
Size: Intermediate Apprenticeship
Duration: Approx. 13 months
This Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship is aimed at people working in the hospitality sector across a range of business types from restaurants to care homes.
Production chefs work as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments, for example; schools, hospitals, the Armed
Forces, care homes and high street casual dining or pub kitchens. They report to the Senior Production chef or appropriate line manager.
Production chefs are likely to work with centrally developed standardised recipes and menus, producing food often in high volumes. They apply highly methodical organisational skills, energy, accuracy, attention to detail and are mindful of the importance of sustainability and protecting the environment.
Production chefs duties include:
- Maintaining excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensuring compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- To produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and producing dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
Candidates will cover these areas on their course:
- Kitchen Operations
- Legal and Governance
- Personal Development and Performance
- 60 minute multiple choice test
- 2 hour practical observation
- 40 minute professional discussion
- Grading (pass, distinction)
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.