HOSPITALITY TEAM MEMBER
Level 2 INTERMEDIATE APPRENTICESHIP
Funding: £4,000 via Apprenticeship Levy or £200 via 5% Co-investment Funding for small businesses
Awarding Organisation: Various
Size: Intermediate Apprenticeship
Duration: Approx. 13 months
This Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship is aimed at people working in the hospitality sector across a wide range of job roles and types of business.
A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments, for example cafés, care homes or conference centres. The role is very varied and although they tend to specialise in an area, they have to be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business, for example during busy periods.
The most important part of the role is developing fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer, whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar, ordering room service in a hotel or attending a business conference, feels welcomed and looked after.
Candidates will cover these areas on their course:
- Understand what hospitality means; the culture of the industry and why delivering a customer experience to meet and exceed customer’s expectations is so important to hospitality businesses
- Appreciate the importance of hospitality behaviours such as personal conduct, being adaptable, using initiative and communicating with a diverse range of people
- Know the range of businesses and establishments that make up the hospitality industry, their differences
Then candidates/employer select one specialist area to suit their job role:
- Food and beverage service
- Alcoholic beverage service (wine service, beer/cask ale or cocktails/mixology)
- Food production
- Concierge and guest services
- Conference and event operations
- 90 minute multiple choice test
- 2 hour practical observation
- Business project
- 40 minute professional discussion
- Grading (pass, distinction)
CALL US on 0114 281 5781 to apply today or download an application form here.