Level 3 APPRENTICESHIP
Funding: £4,000 via Apprenticeship Levy or £200 via 5% Co-investment Funding for small businesses
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: Approx. 12 months
This Apprenticeship is aimed at team leaders and supervisors working in the hospitality sector across a wide range of job roles and types of business.
Hospitality supervisors work across a wide variety of businesses including bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, care homes, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers.
They provide vital support to management teams and are capable of independently supervising hospitality services and running shifts. They typically work under pressure delivering fantastic customer service and motivating a team is essential to their role. The majority of supervisors’ skills and knowledge are the same but supervisors may specialise in specific functions or work across a variety of functions which reflect the multi-functional nature of the industry.
Candidates will learn new knowledge, skills and behaviours in core areas of: business, people, customers and leadership.
Then candidates/employer select one specialist area to suit their job role:
- Food and beverage supervisor; Can involve coordinating a range of dining experiences and styles and adapting to the ever increasing diversity in both food and beverage menus
- Bar supervisor; This role often comes with irregular hours and bar supervisors need to be able t0 be on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Housekeeping supervisor; For example, coordinate the work of cleaners, laundry services and room attendants to ensure customers’ experience is in line with the business standards.
- Concierge supervisor; Maintain the porter service in hotels and serviced facilities, making sure that customer requirements including local knowledge, travel and luggage storage are met. They also play a key role in protecting the security and safety of customers.
- Front office supervisor; Coordinate the reception function and, where relevant, reservations. Central to many operations, responsible for ensuring that customers’ arrival, time at the establishment and departure is delivered according to an establishments standards and meets the customer expectations.
- Events supervisor; Coordinate a variety of venue functions. Requires meticulous coordination to ensure, often multiple, event plans are fulfilled and the customer has a positive experience.
- Hospitality outlet supervisor; Support the manager in the day to day business operations of a retail outlet. Often in a fast paced environment with the focus on meeting customers’ expectations of efficiency and consistency for both the products and service they receive.
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.