End of Life Care
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
The Level 2 Certificate in End of Life Care qualification is designed for people who are looking to enter into or progress within the health and social care sector, or with an interest in mental health.
By 2040, the number of people aged over 64 in Britain is expected to grow from 9.5 million to 15 million. The population is aging, meaning more people will live with serious chronic illness and need end of life care. The problems faced and support needed by people nearing the end of life is wide-ranging and a good understanding of pain management, support and quality of life is essential for all carers.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of end of life care
- Covers topics including the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- How dementia impacts on end of life care
- The role of the care worker at time of death
- Loss and grief process
- How to work in end of life care
- Care planning in end of life care
- Provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- End of life care and dementia
- The role of the care worker in time of death
- Loss and grief in end of life care
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.