Caring for children and young people
Level 2 certificate
Funding: Fully funded for people aged 19+, EU residents for min. three years
Awarding Organisation: Various
Duration: 12 weeks
All children and young people deserve to be safe and well cared for within a safe and protective family, however unfortunately this is not always the case. With over 50,000 children identified as needing protection from abuse in the UK, it is important that those working in the care sector understand the risks of abusive and exploitative behaviour that some children experience. Knowing what strategies are used to protect them from this behaviour, whilst following procedures, is essential to helping those affected.
- Develop interaction and interpersonal skills
- Communication, person-centred thinking and planning
- How e-safety can be utilised
- Comply with policies and procedures
- Caring for young children in a babysitting environment
- Accident prevention and fire safety when babysitting
- Rights and responsibilities in relation to parenting
- Parenting and healthy lifestyles
CALL US on 0114 281 5761 to apply today or download an application form here.